UK: S&N moves HQ
Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) is to relocate its group headquarters. The brewer announced today (7 September) that it will move from Murrayfield to 28 St. Andrews Square in Edinburgh from February next year.
The company said that it currently employs around 100 people at 33 Ellersly Road in Edinburgh, including the group's senior management as well as central functions such as finance, marketing and legal.
In a statement, S&N CEO Tony Froggatt said: "The new headquarters in St. Andrews Square fully meets our requirements for a practical office space for the key central team. The majority of the group's employees are based in our key trading markets across the World.
"Edinburgh is home not only to the group's international headquarters but also the head offices of our UK business, where we employ 2,000 people at various sites on the outskirts of the city."
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads