UK: S&N makes €2bn bid for Finnish Hartwall
The UK's largest brewer Scottish & Newcastle said today that it had launched a bid for Finnish brewery group Hartwall PLC. The all-share offer values the Finnish company at €2 billion (US$1.8 billion). Hartwall is Finland's leading beer producer and an important soft drink company, but importantly holds half the shares in Baltic Beverages Holding (BBH), a high growth joint venture with Carlsberg Breweries operating in Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Ukraine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review