UK: S&N makes €2bn bid for Finnish Hartwall
The UK's largest brewer Scottish & Newcastle said today that it had launched a bid for Finnish brewery group Hartwall PLC. The all-share offer values the Finnish company at €2 billion (US$1.8 billion). Hartwall is Finland's leading beer producer and an important soft drink company, but importantly holds half the shares in Baltic Beverages Holding (BBH), a high growth joint venture with Carlsberg Breweries operating in Russia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Ukraine.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- SWA eyes London boost with new office
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018