UK: S&N linked with Portuguese acquisition
S&N is reportedly set to pay £100m for the remaining 51% in the company, with that figure including a control premium. It paid £90.6m for the 49% it acquired in August 2000.
It is thought likely that the deal will be funded through debt and analysts have suggested that this could put further pressure on S&N to reduce its dividend.
Companies: Scottish & Newcastle
Fitch Ratings has cut its debt rating on brewer, Scottish & Newcastle (S&N), from BBB to BBB-minus....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research