UK: S&N launches Strongbow campaign
Scottish & Newcastle has unveiled a fresh television advertising campaign for its Strongbow cider brand in the UK.
The company said yesterday (19 March) that the advert, entitled 'A-a-a-h-h', will hit the UK this week, and will focus on "the first pint moment".
The ad opens with three men in a bar ordering two lagers and a Strongbow. The two lager drinkers exhale and sigh. The Strongbow drinker's satisfied 'A-a-a-h-h' continues for the rest of the ad and finishes with him asking if anyone wants crisps.
"The new proposition for the advertising campaign focuses on first pint refreshment," said Stephen Mosey, marketing manager for ciders at S&N UK. "It is a consumer truth that drinkers let out a short "a-a-a-h- h" of satisfaction after the first sip of a thirst-quenching drink and this provided us with a powerful insight that Strongbow drinkers can really relate to in the new advertising."
The new creative forms part of a GBP27m (US$53m) marketing investment programme that S&N said it is putting behind the Strongbow brand in 2007.
Gordon & MacPhail has reorganised its board of directors following the retirement of managing director Ian Urquhart....
The Coca-Cola Co. has fallen out with a number of smaller Glaceau Vitaminwater distributors over its plans to put 65% of its sales through its own distribution networks across the US, according to rep...
SABMiller and C&C Group have declined to comment over recent acquisition rumours....
The marketing director of PepsiCo UK's juice brands has left the unit....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has updated the label for its Jim Beam Bourbon brand....
Beam Global Spirits & Wines has poached a director at Diageo to become its UK marketing director....
Scottish & Newcastle has had its share coverage downgraded, due to a potential takeover bid from Carlsberg now seeming "unlikely"....
Rémy Cointreau has confirmed that it is looking for new deals in readiness for its exit from Maxxium....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China