US: S&N launches Newcastle Brown promo
Scottish & Newcastle is launching a promotional push for its Newcastle Brown brand in the US.
The company announced late last week that it will run a 'Best of Both Worlds' sweepstake promotion in the country, with a top prize of a home entertainment system and a shopping trip for two to Beverly Hills, California.
Scottish & Newcastle Importers customer marketing director Bill Wetmore said: "This is the third Newcastle Brown Ale 'Best of Both Worlds' sweepstakes. This promotion embodies what Newcastle Brown Ale is all about: a full-flavoured dark beer, it is also smooth like no other, truly offering consumers the best of both worlds."
Newcastle Brown Ale recently became the number-one imported ale in the US, surpassing Bass Ale. The brand ran a music blogger contest in the US during May, offering tickets to music events around the world.
Belgian beer maker Alken-Maes is to close one of its breweries, according to local reports....
The deputy chairman of UK brewer Young & Co's is to retire....
Scottish & Newcastle UK has sold off the production, marketing and sales rights to its Courage portfolio of ale brands....
Scottish & Newcastle is to close the bottling operation at its Gateshead brewery with the loss of 66 jobs....
Scottish & Newcastle is looking to boost its stake in Chinese associate Chongqing Brewery Co. - but reports of a plan to spend GBP100m (US$196m) are wide of the mark, just-drinks understands....
Irish brewer Beamish & Crawford, a unit of Scottish & Newcastle, has signed a deal with Carlsberg that will see the Danish brewer import Beamish stout into the US....
Baltika has completed its long-awaited merger with three other brewers owned by the same parent company as the Russian beer maker....
Scottish & Newcastle has appointed a new non-executive director. Brian Wallace, 52, will join the UK brewer's board, the company has confirmed....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends