UK: S&N launches new cider in UK
Scottish & Newcastle is launching a new cider through its UK unit Scottish Courage. The company announced today (5 July) that Strongbow Sirrus, a 5% ABV, triple-filtered packaged cider, will be available from August in the on- and off-trade sectors where it will be available in 275ml and 500ml bottles.
The cider is primarily targeted at the core audience of 18-30 year old males, Scottish Courage said.
In a statement, Kirsten Ogilvie, marketing manager - Ciders said: "Spearheaded by our flagship cider brand Strongbow, we operate a powerful portfolio of cider brands that has contributed to a market which continues to grow share and value.
"The launch will be supported with a significant level of marketing investment to help the brand realise its full potential.
The Strongbow Sirrus launch will be backed with a GBP5m through-the-line marketing campaign and heavyweight consumer sampling activity in major conurbations across the UK, Scottish Courage said.
S&N currently controls two-thirds of the growing UK cider market after its purchase of Bulmers in July 2003.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020