UK: S&N launches new cider in UK
Scottish & Newcastle is launching a new cider through its UK unit Scottish Courage. The company announced today (5 July) that Strongbow Sirrus, a 5% ABV, triple-filtered packaged cider, will be available from August in the on- and off-trade sectors where it will be available in 275ml and 500ml bottles.
The cider is primarily targeted at the core audience of 18-30 year old males, Scottish Courage said.
In a statement, Kirsten Ogilvie, marketing manager - Ciders said: "Spearheaded by our flagship cider brand Strongbow, we operate a powerful portfolio of cider brands that has contributed to a market which continues to grow share and value.
"The launch will be supported with a significant level of marketing investment to help the brand realise its full potential.
The Strongbow Sirrus launch will be backed with a GBP5m through-the-line marketing campaign and heavyweight consumer sampling activity in major conurbations across the UK, Scottish Courage said.
S&N currently controls two-thirds of the growing UK cider market after its purchase of Bulmers in July 2003.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research