UK: S&N hires new marketing boss
Scottish & Newcastle has promoted its UK innovations director to the position of marketing manager.
The company said yesterday (23 July) that Sarah Warby will assume the position, having joined the company in 2004. Warby initially worked in the innovation and new product development team. Prior to this, she spent time with Foster's as marketing manager. Warby will be responsible for developing and strengthening the company's brand portfolio.
Tim Seager, Warby's predecessor in the role, has moved to become acting managing director of S&N UK, replacing John Dunsmore who took charge of the company's new Western Europe unit last month.
"Sarah brings a great deal of experience and knowledge to this role, and her appointment will strengthen our drive to become a brands-led, consumer focussed business," said Seager.
I doubt that it is of the Dutch variety, but John Dunsmore, Sir Brian Stewart and the S&N board have certainly displayed courage over the last few months as they have held firm on calls to accept the ...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Cobra Beer has announced its first ever brewery acquisition....
Central European Distribution Corp. has plans to raise its full year 2008 net sales guidance in response to rising consumer demand for premium imported spirits and wines....
Young's has delisted InBev's Stella Artois brand from its pubs, claiming the beer "wasn't premium enough"....
Scottish & Newcastle has demanded that Carlsberg agree to the publication of confidential data on their joint brewing venture "as a condition of recommendation"....
Foster's Group and Grupo Modelo have extended their exclusive license for Foster's to sell and market the Corona Extra brand in Australia....
Scottish & Newcastle has finally agreed to discussions with Carlsberg and Heineken over a proposed takeover....
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly