UK: S&N gives Foster's Twist TV push
The company said yesterday (21 August) that the advert - entitled 'Laidback' - will begin running in the UK from tomorrow. The ad features people drinking and dancing at a beach bar while all walking at a 45-degree angle.
The endframe shows a bottle of Foster's Twist in a 45-degree position with the strapline, 'Foster's Twist - the laid back lager'.
"Foster's Twist is designed to appeal to 22-28 year old men and women who are looking for a lighter, more refreshing bottled lager," said Phil McTeer, brand manager for Foster's at Scottish & Newcastle UK. " During the first burst of the campaign, 85% of all 18-34 men will see the ad, which is more than double the amount of men who watched the FA Cup Final."
Scottish & Newcastle announced the launch of Foster's Twist in April, just a week after gaining full control of the brand in Europe. The company, which paid Foster's GBP309m (US$584m) for the rights to the brand in Europe, Russia and parts of the CIS, said at the time that it would launch the citrus-flavoured drink immediately after the World Cup.
In July, Carlsberg followed the citrus trend with the launch of Carlsberg Edge in the UK.
The owner of Santa Rita has created a new role of corporate commercial director at the Chilean wine group as it looks to boost its presence in ten key export markets....
Coca-Cola Amatil has confirmed a change of company secretary. The Australia-based bottler, in which The Coca-Cola Co. owns a 32% stake, said today (14 February) that George Foster will assume the posi...
Scottish & Newcastle has refused to comment on local reports suggesting it is to build a new brewery in Vietnam....
The European Commission has today (8 February) welcomed a European court's decision to throw out an appeal from Group Danone against fines imposed over the company's alleged role in a Belgian beer car...
Constellation Brands has lined up a replacement for the outgoing president at Hardy Wine Company. John Grant will assume the position at the Australian wine unit, replacing David Woods, who is set to ...
Scottish & Newcastle is seeking damages from PriceWaterhouseCoopers over restructuring advice the accountancy giant gave to the UK brewer....
Workers at Scottish & Newcastle's brewery in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, are likely to know by the end of next month the impact on jobs of the UK brewer's sale of its Courage ales portfolio....
Anheuser-Busch has stayed silent on reports in India that it has decided on a local venture partner in the fast-growing beer market....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018