UK: S&N finally joins Carlsberg, Heineken at table
The UK brewer confirmed today (17 January) that it has entered into talks with the European consortium with a view to Carlsberg and Heineken making an official offer of GBP8.00 per share, GBP0.20 higher than the last, rejected, proposed bid. The GBP0.20 increase wll be paid by Carlsberg, who is keen to take full control of Baltic Beverages Holding, its joint venture with S&N in Eastern Europe.
"The consortium's proposal is subject to certain pre-conditions, including satisfactory completion of limited due diligence," said Carlsberg and Heineken.
Last month, the UK Takeover Panel set a deadline of 21 January for Carlsberg and Heineken to make a formal bid for S&N.
"The parties have approached the Panel to request a short extension to the 'Put up or Shut up' deadline to 12 noon on 24 January, to enable the consortium to complete its due diligence," Carlsberg and Heineken said.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Carlsberg has increased its control of Estonian brewer Saku Ölletehas....
The CEO of Asia Pacific Breweries is set to step down from his post....
Carlsberg has completed the sale of three Scandinavian soft drinks and water brands to The Coca-Cola Co....
InBev has confirmed full details of the impending launch of Stella Artois 4% abv in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch is to take complete ownership of its brewing joint venture in India....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Baltika has started exporting its beer brands to Romania and Hungary....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages