UK: S&N faces boycott
Scottish & Newcastle could face a drinks boycott at this year's Edinburgh Festival. The Transport and General Workers Union announced yesterday that it plans to launch a campaign against the brewer in opposition to its decision to close its brewery in the city.
Last month, S&N announced that it would shut the Fountainbridge brewery in central Edinburgh, with the loss of 170 jobs.
The union believes the closure is unnecessary as the brewery is efficient and profitable. It is also hoping to meet with the company in an attempt to avoid the job losses.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review