UK: S&N faces boycott
Scottish & Newcastle could face a drinks boycott at this year's Edinburgh Festival. The Transport and General Workers Union announced yesterday that it plans to launch a campaign against the brewer in opposition to its decision to close its brewery in the city.
Last month, S&N announced that it would shut the Fountainbridge brewery in central Edinburgh, with the loss of 170 jobs.
The union believes the closure is unnecessary as the brewery is efficient and profitable. It is also hoping to meet with the company in an attempt to avoid the job losses.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015