UK: S&N faces boycott
Scottish & Newcastle could face a drinks boycott at this year's Edinburgh Festival. The Transport and General Workers Union announced yesterday that it plans to launch a campaign against the brewer in opposition to its decision to close its brewery in the city.
Last month, S&N announced that it would shut the Fountainbridge brewery in central Edinburgh, with the loss of 170 jobs.
The union believes the closure is unnecessary as the brewery is efficient and profitable. It is also hoping to meet with the company in an attempt to avoid the job losses.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets