UK: S&N coverage raised
Scottish & Newcastle has had its share recommendation upped. Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein has raised the brewer to 'hold' from 'sell.' The company is due to announce its interim figures next week.
Dresdner upgraded its 2006 and 2007 earnings forecasts for S&N to 33.6 pence and 36.3 pence respectively, citing cost cuts at its 50:50 Russian joint venture Baltic Beverages Holding.
The target price for S&N's stock has also been raised, to 460 pence from 420 pence.
Scottish & Newcastle CEO, Tony Froggatt, has been in his job for just over two years during which time the brewer has seen a significant turnaround in its fortunes. In an exclusive interview with just...
Carlsberg has had its recommendation raised....
Baltic Beverages Holding AB (BBH) said today that management initiatives within sales and marketing had driven a continuation of the strong growth in both volumes and net sales shown in the second hal...
Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle will propose a revised restructuring plan for their Russian operation within the next six weeks, according to reports....
Baltika has failed in a bid to gain sufficient support from minority shareholders for its proposed acquisition of the Pikra brewery for US$67.5m....
Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) has had its rating upgraded....
Yarpivo has said it expects volume sales for this year to show a 10% increase to between 58m and 59m decalitres....
Baltika has appointed its president....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends