UK: S&N buys up Spirit Group pubs
Scottish & Newcastle has announced that S&N Pub Enterprises (S&NPE), the leased Pub Company of Scottish Courage, has agreed a deal to run an additional 364 pubs in the UK. The pubs are being sold by Spirit Group and have been bought by a newly-formed company, Globe Pub Company, which has appointed S&NPE to manage the outlets on its behalf.
The deal, valued at approximately £345m, will increase the number of leased pubs being run by S&NPE to around 1500. The acquisition is unconditional and will complete on Sunday (12 December).
As part of the agreement Scottish Courage has also secured a full beer supply agreement for the 364 pubs. This new distribution will add around 100,000 incremental barrels as well as securing an existing 30,000 barrels for our brands.
In a statement, John Dunsmore, chairman of Scottish Courage said: "The combination of S&NPE's proven strength in leased pubs and Scottish Courage's unrivalled portfolio of brands has enabled us to achieve this significant business win."
Lehman Brothers acted as financial advisor to Scottish & Newcastle and the Globe Pub Company in this transaction.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends