UK: S&N brushes off Strongbow over-ice rumours
Scottish & Newcastle has quashed reports that its plans to launch an over-ice cider concept, dubbed Strongbow Gold, in the UK.
The UK's largest brewer dismissed a report in UK magazine Marketing that it plans to unveil the cider in its domestic market after an initial launch in France, Germany and Spain.
However, S&N was coy about its plans for the Strongbow brand this year. A spokesman for S&N UK told just-drinks today (1 March): "We have no plans at all for a UK launch and there no specific plans internationally."
The spokesman said that S&N would look at further developing the Strongbow brand. Last year, the brewer launched Strongbow Jacques, a sparkling blend of Belgian cider with cherry, raspberry and blackcurrant.
In 2005, S&N also launched Strongbow Sirrus, a pre-packaged cider. The spokesman said: "We will continue to innovate on the cider side of things."
C&C Group has flagged up yet more warnings that it's struggling in its most recent trading statement....
India's United Breweries has outlined plans to expand its capacity over the next three years, according to reports....
Diageo has posted a lift in operating profit, despite only a minor rise in sales for its latest fiscal year....
InBev has reported a strong showing in its second quarter, despite "challenging conditions" in both the UK and US....
Diageo will begin rolling out its new Guinness Red brand in central England from September, following successful trials in the country....
Whyte & Mackay has confirmed it will headline sponsor this year's Earls Court Boat show in London....
United Spirits is mulling an expansion of its vodka offering in its home market, according to reports....
Pernod Ricard's chief executive Pierre Pringuet has attended meetings with politicians on a recent trip to Sweden, suggesting that the French company remains interested in buying its rival Vin & Sprit...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research