PORTUGAL: S&N arm denies interest in Brazilian brewer
Sociedade Central de Cervejas (SCC), the Portuguese arm of Scottish & Newcastle, has quashed reports that it is looking to buy Brazilian brewer Cervejas Cintra.
Reports in Portugal and Brazil had linked SCC with Cintra after talks between Sousa Cintra, the brewer's owner, and Brazilian brewer Cervejaria Petropolis.
However, a spokesman for SCC distanced the company away from any interest in Cintra. "There is no basis to these reports. We are not interested in Cintra," he told just-drinks today (14 March).
SCC owns a stable of brands including Sagres beer.
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO