UK: S&N appoints executive managers
Scottish & Newcastle yesterday announced two senior appointments to its executive management group.
Dr Rob Sidoli (50) has been appointed group operations director, he joins from JohnsonDiversey in the Netherlands. Gary Guthrie (39) has been appointed group marketing director, he joins from Kodak in Switzerland.
Tony Froggatt, S&N chief executive, said: "The appointment of three new functional directors will strengthen S&N's senior management team. I am delighted that S&N has recruited individuals of such high calibre and international experience. All three will be in place in the New Year and will make an important contribution to the performance of the group."
As group operations director, Sidoli will be responsible for integrating and managing the group's international brewing, manufacturing and supply chain operations. He will play a key role in delivering the group's strategy of developing an integrated international production and supply chain.
As group marketing director, Guthrie will be responsible for managing, developing and integrating marketing activity across the business.
Guthrie will have a key role in delivering the group's strategy of developing the business by focusing on the customer and consumer and investing further in brands and innovation. A key task will be managing the allocation of funds to optimise the investment behind brands with the potential to drive value in the business.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne