UK: S&N and Six Continents talks collapse - papers
Talks between Scottish & Newcastle and Six Continents regarding the merger of their pub estates have broken down, according to reports in today's UK press. S&N is thought to be rethinking its plans to refinance its pub business after what are believed to have been three months of talks with Six Continents. The merged business would have been the largest pub group in the UK, worth an estimated £4.5 billion with 3,400 managed pubs and turnover of £2.4 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking