UK: S&N adds Greek brewer to growing shopping list
Following recent deals in India and Finland, Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) has now announced it intends in acquire a Greek brewery business.
In a statement today S&N said it has agreed in principle to enter into partnership with the Boutari Group, a Greek listed beverage business, involving the purchase of a 46% stake in their brewing subsidiary Mythos Breweries SA.
The cash consideration for this investment is £16m.
S&N will have joint management control and representation on the Board of the company. Mythos Breweries S.A. operates nationally in Greece and had a market share in 2001 of 11%.
The other major shareholder in Mythos Breweries SA with 46% of the equity is John Boutari & Son Holding SA, a company listed on the Athens Stock Exchange.
The transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval, is expected to be completed in August 2002.
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- Diageo silent on United Spirits inspection
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review