USA: Smoothies Recalled Due to Undeclared Ingredients, According to the Georgia Department of Agriculture
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin announced today that two brands of smoothies are being voluntarily recalled by the manufacturer because they contain ingredients not listed on the label.Saratoga and Frooja brand smoothies are being recalled because they contain egg and milk proteins not listed on the label. Both brands are manufactured by The Fresh Juice Company of Florida. The company is headquartered in Winter Haven, Florida.The recall includes Saratoga Smoothies in 16-ounce containers in the following flavors: Banana, Mango, Peach, Strawberry Banana, Berry Peach, Raspberry, and Blackberry. The Frooja Smoothies recalled are in 12-ounce containers in the following flavors: Peach Mango, Plentiful C, Ginseng, Berry, Strawberry Banana, Fruit Salad, and Protein Rapture. Sell-by dates are between May 15 and July 12, 2000."Our food safety inspectors are checking to make sure these products have been removed from grocery store shelves during their routine inspections," said Commissioner Irvin. "Law requires that all ingredients be listed on the product label. This lets the public know exactly what they are eating and protects individuals who may have allergic reactions or have other health concerns relating to a particular ingredient. Consumers with concerns about these products may return them the place of purchase for a refund," said Irvin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages