USA: Smoothies Recalled Due to Undeclared Ingredients, According to the Georgia Department of Agriculture
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture Tommy Irvin announced today that two brands of smoothies are being voluntarily recalled by the manufacturer because they contain ingredients not listed on the label.Saratoga and Frooja brand smoothies are being recalled because they contain egg and milk proteins not listed on the label. Both brands are manufactured by The Fresh Juice Company of Florida. The company is headquartered in Winter Haven, Florida.The recall includes Saratoga Smoothies in 16-ounce containers in the following flavors: Banana, Mango, Peach, Strawberry Banana, Berry Peach, Raspberry, and Blackberry. The Frooja Smoothies recalled are in 12-ounce containers in the following flavors: Peach Mango, Plentiful C, Ginseng, Berry, Strawberry Banana, Fruit Salad, and Protein Rapture. Sell-by dates are between May 15 and July 12, 2000."Our food safety inspectors are checking to make sure these products have been removed from grocery store shelves during their routine inspections," said Commissioner Irvin. "Law requires that all ingredients be listed on the product label. This lets the public know exactly what they are eating and protects individuals who may have allergic reactions or have other health concerns relating to a particular ingredient. Consumers with concerns about these products may return them the place of purchase for a refund," said Irvin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014