UK: Smithkline Beecham court challenge to ASA over Ribena Toothkind
The Advertising Standards Authority was outside its immediate area of expertise when it ruled an advertisement by the manufacturers of Ribena Toothkind was misleading, according to the chairman of the British Dental Health and Science Committee, Dr Geoff Craig.Commenting on the ASA's decision asking Smithkline Beecham to delete claims on advertisements that "Ribena Toothkind does not encourage tooth decay", Dr Craig told just-drinks.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends