UK: Smirnoff to get ‘Signature’ global promo push
The campaign, entitled 'Signature', began its run yesterday (9 April) in Ireland, with a global roll-out in July, and includes a television advert, outdoor ads and a website.
"The 'Signature' campaign celebrates one of the most fascinating stories in our industry," said Philip Gladman, Smirnoff global brand director. "Smirnoff vodka is still made in the tradition of the process used by Vladimir Smirnoff's father, Piotr Arseneyevich Smirnoff, almost 150 years ago - and yet it has undergone a truly dramatic journey since its birth. By telling this extraordinary story through Vladimir Smirnoff's eyes, we are able to bring to life the brand's Imperial Russian heritage and highlight the great lengths to which we go to achieve such an exceptional vodka.
"We wanted to engage people with the brand by illustrating the dramatic journey it has undergone - most people know Smirnoff as one of the biggest brands in the world, but few people know the epic story behind the brand."
The television commercial will air as two 30-second spots, with a 60-second version airing in cinemas.
The super-premium vodka brand Akvinta is being launched in the UK market through the drinks firm Wine & Spirit International....
Constellation Brands has posted a healthy rise in Q2 profits, despite a marked dip in sales....
Russian Standard is investing EUR4m (US$5.6m) in launching its vodka brands in France....
The Swedish government is keen to progress with its privatisation of state-owned Vin & Sprit, despite the resignation of two key officials in the process earlier this week....
Diageo has been granted approval by Europe's highest court to continue selling its spirits in bottles using UK measurements....
Diageo has lined up a fresh advertising campaign in the US for its Guinness beer brand....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has extended the deadline for the proposed sale of its US unit....
Russian Standard is to be the subject of a major promotional push on its recent launch in the UK....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends