GLOBAL: Smirnoff heads up 2007 'Power 100' chart - again
The 2007 chart of the most powerful drinks brands, compiled by brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business, saw little change in the top ten, with Pernod Ricard's Ballantine's and Chivas Regal brands swapping places.
The top five remained unchanged, with Stolichnaya at number five, behind Martini (four), Johnnie Walker (three) and Bacardi (two). Pernod's Scotch Ballantine's dropped two places to number 11, with Chivas Regal swapping with it at number nine.
Diageo was the biggest brand owner in the chart, ahead of Bacardi Martini and Pernod.
Among the key issues impacting the table, Intangible Business highlighted consolidation and integration within the industry. "Diageo and Pernod Ricard have secured the number one and two slots, but the battle for third position is still being played out between Beam Global and Bacardi Martini," the consultancy said. "With Vin & Sprit for sale, both Beam Global and Bacardi Martini could be looking at a transformational acquisition leaving the loser in a relatively vulnerable position."
Other potential targets this year include Remy Martin and Stolichnaya, Intangible Business noted.
Nearly 10,000 brands in the wine and spirits sectors were researched, with scoring being based on eight measures, including share of market, brand growth and brand awareness.
Diageo has launched a GBP5m pack redesign for its Scotch brand J&B....
Investment bank Lehman Brothers has upgraded shares in the global drinks group Diageo to 'equal-weight' from 'underweight', with a price target of GBP11.50....
India is the largest market for Bacardi superior rum, and this success has motivated Bacardi-Martini India to launch Bacardi Apple in Mumbai, to be rolled out nationwide....
Diageo's CEO has signed up to a UN Global Compact initiative to conserve water....
Pernod Ricard has seen a 6.9% rise in sales in its first-quarter, helped by a lift in high end sales in markets such as China and India....
Deepak Roy, the prominent Indian spirits industry figure, has reportedly taken a 5% stake in the drinks group BDA, which produces Officer's Choice whisky....
Champagne G.H. Mumm has launched a rigid-aluminium travel canister gift box for the brand....
Diageo has formed a partnership with hip hop rap artist, producer and mogul Sean 'Diddy' Combs for its Ciroc vodka brand....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends