PHILIPPINES: SMC plans 26 new distribution centres
Philippines food and beverage giant, San Miguel Corp (SMC) is planning to build 26 distribution centres across the Philippines with the intention of venturing into the logistics business.
According to a report by BusinessWorld, SMC is currently in the process of identifying possible key city sites for the proposed centres. The centres will then serve as the mother distribution centres of San Miguel's small sales offices nationwide.
A source also told BusinessWorld that the centres are aimed at developing the supply side by integrating the different sales destinations.
Investment for the future sales centres will not significant according to the report.
SMC is also expected to sign an agreement with RFM Corp, for the acquisition of bottling company, Cosmos Bottling Corp. Cosmos posted a 33% growth in net sales of 5.6 bn pesos (US$108m) for the nine month period to September 2001, compared to 4.2bn pesos for the same period last year.
in Marketing Alcoholic Drinks: New below-the-line strategies in beer,
spirits and wine
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits