PHILIPPINES: SMC net profit up 53% in Q3
For the nine-month period, SMC's net income fell by 5% from PHP4.8 billion to PHP4.56 billion. Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) for the nine months from January to September rose by 25% to PHP14.6 billion.
Third-quarter sales revenues reached PHP32.9 billion while nine-month net sales revenues stood at PHP99 billion. Analysts said the group was beginning to see the benefits from its recent acquisitions in the soft drinks and processed meat sectors.
Beer volumes at SMC, which has a 90% share of the Philippine beer market, increased by 24% in the third quarter against the third quarter of 2001. For the nine-month period, beer volumes were 8% ahead.
In soft drinks, SMC's joint venture with Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Bottlers, posted a 56% gain in third-quarter operating income to PHP208m. Cosmos Bottling Corp., the second biggest soft drinks producer in the Philippines which SMC bought in January, registered operating income of PHP86m for the quarter.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends