FRANCE: Sluggish France fails to halt Danone Q1 rise
Groupe Danone has posted a slight lift in total sales for the first quarter of this year.
The French food and drinks company said today (24 April) that group sales for the three-month period were up by 3.9% on a historical basis, coming in at EUR3.67bn (US$4.98bn) against EUR3.53bn a year earlier.
On the beverages side of the business, sales increased by 9.1% to EUR1.01bn against EUR947m in Q1 2006. Beverage growth was driven by what the company called "sustained superior performance" in Latin America, at over 25%, and "solid" results in Europe. The company's domestic beverages market, however, was described as "sluggish", although specific figures were not disclosed.
Moving forward, the company has forecast full-year sales growth of between 6% and 8%, with trading operating income set to grow between 7% and 10%.
Danone's annual shareholders' meeting is scheduled for this Thursday (26 April).
Following the recent floods in the UK, bottled water companies provided emergency supplies when mains water services broke down. Their largely unsung actions gave the companies a chance to demonstrate...
Attention has been focused on the Indian bottled water sector over the last week or so as speculation has mounted that Danone and a number of other companies are looking to expand their presence in th...
Water is a growth area in the soft drinks market, and Nestlé has been a key player in this fast-expanding category. But the Swiss food and drinks giant has particularly high hopes for its Pure Life br...
Groupe Danone has seen the poor weather in Europe and its ongoing dispute in China take a huge chunk out of its third quarter sales....
The popularity of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) among soft drinks producers is on the wane, according to recent research....
China Water & Drinks has entered into a deal to acquire a stake in packaging company Hutton Holdings Corporation....
Indian software group Wipro has refuted speculation that it is considering launching a takeover bid for the leading Indian bottled water company Bisleri, according to reports....
Danone has posted a slip in group net profit for the first six months of 2007....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review