FRANCE: Slower US sales peg back Pernod Ricard in H1
In a trading update today (13 January), the wine and spirits company said that its overall sales performance in the six months to the end of June had been "satisfactory", with organic growth estimated at around 5% year-on-year.
While the emerging markets of China, India and Eastern Europe delivered "strong growth", the US proved problematic for Pernod, while both Spain and South Korea encountered "difficulties".
Full details of the company's first-half performance will be released on 13 February.
For the full-year to the end of June, Pernod said it expects organic growth in profit from recurring operations to come in around 8% up on the year before, with group net profit from recurring operations expected to hit double-digit growth.
In October, Pernod posted a 13% rise in sales for its first quarter to the end of September, totalling EUR1.76bn (US$2.30bn). All four of the company's regions delivered growth in the quarter, driven by the Americas, with a climb of 9%. Europe was up by 7%, while Asia/Rest of the World climbed by 7%. The company's home market of France inched up 1% in value terms.
After four years at the helm at Drambuie, Phil Parnell has led the one-brand company on a turnaround of healthy proportions. As the global recession takes hold, Olly Wehring quizzed him on the secrets...
Last month, ex-Brown-Forman exec David Cox became Europe director for New Zealand Winegrowers. He spoke with Chris Mercer about what attracted him to working for a generic body and about New Zealand's...
Pernod Ricard UK has launched the latest phase of its Accept Responsibility campaign focusing on binge drinking....
Irish Distillers, a subsidiary of Pernod Ricard, has secured an injunction against picketers threatening to disrupt operations at its Jameson whiskey distillery in Midleton, County Cork....
French spirits body Fédération Française des Spiritueux has named Jean-Pierre Lacarrière as its new president....
Pernod Ricard has launched a limited edition package for its Chivas Regal Scotch whisky brand....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a limited edition bottle for its Malibu flavoured rum brand in the US....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends