USA: Slim-Fast Voluntarily Initiates Recall on Limited Codes of Ready-To-Drink Milk-Based Liquid Shakes
Slim-Fast Foods Company is voluntarily recalling the limited codes listed below of Ultra Slim-Fast Ready-To-Drink Milk-Based Liquid Shakes. This product may present a low risk of temporary gastrointestinal sickness, and should not be consumed. Five consumers have reported temporary gastrointestinal symptoms. The risk of serious adverse health consequences is remote. The cause of this situation has been fully investigated and corrected. Product being recalled was manufactured under the following codes which appear on the bottom of the can: 11oz Can Code Flavor of Ready-To-Drink Milk-Based Liquid Shakes------------------------------------------------- ETCD0138E Cappuccino Delight ETCD0142E Cappuccino Delight ETMC0125E Creamy Milk Chocolate ETMC0138E Creamy Milk Chocolate ETMC0142E Creamy Milk Chocolate ETAS0125E Strawberries 'N Cream ETAS0140E Strawberries 'N Cream ETAS0141E Strawberries 'N Cream Letters or numbers following the codes listed above should be disregarded. No other Slim-Fast products are included in this recall. "Our primary concern is always for the health of our consumers who rely on the Slim-Fast brand to meet their dietary and nutritional needs," stated Marc Covent, Slim-Fast president. "We believe the voluntary recall of this product is in the best interest of our consumers." Slim-Fast is working with the U. S. Food and Drug Administration in implementing this voluntary national recall and has notified all affected distributors and retail customers. Consumers who have purchased the product carrying the codes listed above should return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Slim-Fast's Hot Line toll-free at (877) 424-4180. Media inquiries should be directed to John Gould, Director, Corporate Affairs, at (212) 906-4694
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World