CANADA: Sleeman to distribute Grolsch
Canadian beer company, Sleeman Breweries Ltd, has agreed a long-term sales, marketing and distribution deal for the Grolsch lager brand in Canada with the Netherlands brewer, Royal Grolsch NV. The brand was formerly distributed by Rollick Beverage Co. of Aurora, Ontario. In return for the rights to the brand, Sleeman is to pay Rollick C$6.96m in cash and C$2.5m in Sleeman common stock. "Grolsch is a fine complement to our other premium import brands," said Sleeman chairman and CEO, John Sleeman, "and this transaction is consistent with our strategic goal of expanding Sleeman's international beverage alcohol coverage.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range