CANADA: Sleeman to distribute Grolsch
Canadian beer company, Sleeman Breweries Ltd, has agreed a long-term sales, marketing and distribution deal for the Grolsch lager brand in Canada with the Netherlands brewer, Royal Grolsch NV. The brand was formerly distributed by Rollick Beverage Co. of Aurora, Ontario. In return for the rights to the brand, Sleeman is to pay Rollick C$6.96m in cash and C$2.5m in Sleeman common stock. "Grolsch is a fine complement to our other premium import brands," said Sleeman chairman and CEO, John Sleeman, "and this transaction is consistent with our strategic goal of expanding Sleeman's international beverage alcohol coverage.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends