CANADA: Sleeman to distribute Grolsch
Canadian beer company, Sleeman Breweries Ltd, has agreed a long-term sales, marketing and distribution deal for the Grolsch lager brand in Canada with the Netherlands brewer, Royal Grolsch NV. The brand was formerly distributed by Rollick Beverage Co. of Aurora, Ontario. In return for the rights to the brand, Sleeman is to pay Rollick C$6.96m in cash and C$2.5m in Sleeman common stock. "Grolsch is a fine complement to our other premium import brands," said Sleeman chairman and CEO, John Sleeman, "and this transaction is consistent with our strategic goal of expanding Sleeman's international beverage alcohol coverage.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends