CANADA: Sleeman sells Beck's rights to Oland
The Canadian beer company, Sleeman Breweries, has sold its agreement for the sales, marketing and distribution rights for Beck's in Canada to the Oland Specialty Beer Company. The sale stems from the acquisition of Beck's by Interbrew and will take effect from June 1.
Sleeman is now looking for an international brand to replace Beck's in its portfolio. "We will now start pursuing additional premium import brands to replace Beck's," said chairman and CEO, John Sleeman. "As the third-largest brewer in Canada, we are uniquely positioned to provide marketing, distribution and production to foreign brewing partners, and pursuing these strategic partnerships will continue to be a key ingredient of our growth strategy."
Precise financial details of the deal were not revealed but payment is to be made over the next five years. It was also reported that the sale will add C$4.3m to Sleeman's pre-tax income in the second quarter of 2002.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research