CANADA: Sleeman posts Q3 profit thanks to Sapporo
The brewer announced a profit increase of 17% to C$4.4m (US$3.28m) for the three months to 27 September, compared to C$3.7m for the same period last year. The profit equates to 27 cents per share. The analyst consensus was 28 cents per share.
Sales for the quarter rose to C$53m from C$48m in 2002, buoyed by higher prices and shipments of the new Sapporo beer it makes under contract for the Japanese brewer.
Sapporo Breweries has said it aims to almost triple operating profit within three years....
Falling sales of traditional beers and increased competition in the "third beer" category have seen Sapporo Holdings report a 22% fall in 2005 net profits....
Sapporo Holdings has lowered its full-year profit forecast....
Sapporo Breweries has reportedly become the first major Japanese beer maker to warn of flat domestic beer sales this year....
Sapporo Breweries is poised to buy Kikkoman Corp.'s spirits sales and production operations....
Sapporo Breweries has said that sales its of so-called "third category" beer would fall by 30% if the government goes ahead with plans to raise the tax rate on the product....
Sapporo Holdings has registered a massive drop in operating profit for the first nine months of this year....
Sapporo Breweries has raised its sales targets for its low-alcoholic fruit drink brand "Fruit Sparkling"....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends