CANADA: Sleeman not on SABMiller’s list
SABMiller is not in the running to buy Canada-based Sleeman Breweries.
A source close to the situation has told just-drinks today (8 June) that Sleeman is not big enough for SABMiller to pursue. "People have put two and two together - SABMiller is an acquisitive company while Sleeman looks to be up for sale - but Sleeman's presence in Canada is just too small."
In a local report, the Globe and Mail also cited a separate source as saying that SABMiller is "not looking at (Sleeman)," and is "not interested in the business."
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for SABMiller would not be drawn on the reports, declining to comment on the claims.
Last month, the head of Sleeman, John Sleeman, told just-drinks that InBev had ambushed a review of commercial options and suggested that the brewer is up for sale. "I'm not marching around with a 'for sale' sign on my back," Sleeman said, "but now Carlos (Brito, InBev CEO) has brought the world's attention to this, we have to deal with people thinking this company is for sale."
In this month's Just the Answer, Gary Greenfield, managing director of Distell Europe, talks about South Africa's largest drinks company's international aspirations, not only for its flagship wine bra...
InBev has hailed its deal with Anheuser-Busch in the US as an opportunity to increase the presence of its brands across the country. The two brewers yesterday (30 November) announced that A-B will bec...
The announcement late last night that Anheuser-Busch is to be InBev's exclusive distributor in the US looks like a great deal for the Europe-based brewer....
KBC Securities has said in a note to investors that it downgraded the Belgium-based brewer InBev's stock as it has surpassed the brokerage's price target of EUR49, which could make the chances of furt...
Anheuser-Busch is teaming up with arch-rival Inbev in the US....
SABMiller is planning to invest US$125m in the expansion of its brewing capacities in India. An executive with the brewer in India confirmed to just-drinks today (29 November) that the money will be u...
SABMiller has moved to downplay reports that it is set to launch one of its international brands in China....
Brau Holding International is targeting a 15% increase in earnings before interest and tax this year....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020