CANADA: Sleeman head slams InBev chief
The head of Sleeman Breweries has accused InBev's CEO of ambushing a review of commercial options and suggesting the Canadian brewer is up for sale.
Sleeman Breweries is now being stalked by a number of brewers after Carlos Brito suggested the brewer was available for acquisition, John Sleeman has told just-drinks this week.
In an exclusive interview, John Sleeman said: "I'm not driving this process. This is something that caught us by surprise on Friday (12 May) afternoon.
"I'm not marching around with a 'for sale' sign on my back, but now Carlos has brought the world's attention to this, we have to deal with people thinking this company is for sale."
Sleeman is in the process of reviewing its business, following falling profits and job cuts in the last 12 months.
For the full, exclusive interview with John Sleeman, click here.
Goldman Sachs has raised its price target for the global brewer InBev....
Major brewing groups are clamouring to get into India, which, by dint of its young population, expanding economy and rising personal disposable income offers huge growth potential. International group...
AmBev is about to launch a share buyback programme....
Brewing giant InBev has dismissed accusations that Belgian executives are being pushed out of the company in favour of managers from Latin American unit AmBev. InBev, which was formed in a 2004 merger...
InBev UK has launched a nationwide advertising campaign for its Peeterman Artois brand....
Investment bank Morgan Stanley has raised its price target for InBev. The bank said that the Belgian beer maker's third quarter results had been ahead of its expectations....
Belgian-based brewing giant InBev has posted a 34% rise in net profit to EUR479m(US$612m) for the third quarter, on the back of strong sales growth in Latin America and Eastern Europe....
AmBev has posted a healthy rise in net profit for its third quarter....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends