CANADA: Sleeman extends Sapporo deal
Sleeman said the deal would add 8 Canadian cents per share to its 2005 earnings.
The amendment to the existing agreement between the parties extends the term of the original contract by one year and expands Sleeman's production of Sapporo products to include worldwide production of its 650-millilitre Silver Can.
Sleeman currently produces Sapporo bottled products for the United States, where Sapporo is the No. 1 selling Japanese beer.
"We are excited to be working with Sapporo and the expansion of our original agreement demonstrates the success of this strategic partnership," said John Sleeman, chairman and chief executive officer of Sleeman Breweries.
"Sapporo is a world-renowned brand with a reputation for high quality. Working with Sapporo has enhanced our presence in the global brewing industry and is consistent with our growth strategy."
"Since the signing of our initial contract in September, 2002, Sleeman has achieved excellent results producing Sapporo products," said Sadao Fukuda, president of Sapporo Breweries. "Sapporo has been the No. 1 selling Japanese beer in the US for 18 years. By extending our agreement with Sleeman, we aim to make Sapporo one of the top 10 imported brands in North America. This is a beneficial relationship for both companies and we are pleased to build on our successes to date."
Sapporo Breweries has reportedly become the first major Japanese beer maker to warn of flat domestic beer sales this year....
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Sapporo Breweries is poised to buy Kikkoman Corp.'s spirits sales and production operations....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
Sapporo Breweries has said that sales its of so-called "third category" beer would fall by 30% if the government goes ahead with plans to raise the tax rate on the product....
Sapporo Holdings has registered a massive drop in operating profit for the first nine months of this year....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
Sapporo Breweries has raised its sales targets for its low-alcoholic fruit drink brand "Fruit Sparkling"....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research