CANADA: Sleeman completes Unibroue acquisition
Canada's Sleeman Breweries has said that it has successfully acquired control of Unibroue.
In a statement Sleeman said that 100% of the outstanding multiple voting shares (MVS) and 91.2% of the outstanding subordinate voting shares (SVS), have been deposited to the C$5.25 cash recommended takeover offers made by Sleeman.
With this level of deposit, all conditions to the Offer are now satisfied.
Sleeman now intends to exercise its statutory right to acquire the remaining SVS not deposited under the offer.
Following acquisition of all of the remaining SVS, Sleeman intends to delist the SVS from the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future