CANADA: Sleeman and FEMSA sign Canadian pact
Sleeman Breweries has signed a Canadian sales, marketing and distribution agreement with FEMSA Cerveza of Mexico.
FEMSA brands to be sold in Canada under this agreement are Sol and Dos Equis. The agreement will be effective January 1st, 2006.
John Sleeman, chairman & CEO of Sleeman Breweries said: "This is a great opportunity, and we look forward to working with this world renowned and respected global brewer. Through this strategic partnership, we can continue to leverage our national sales and distribution systems - an important component of Sleeman's growth strategy."
FEMSA director Luis Duran said: "We are very pleased to be working with Canada's leading premium brewer and look forward to executing our growth strategy with Sleeman for FEMSA brands in this market."
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne