US: Skyy Vodka sponsors TV film channel
Skyy Vodka has unveiled a tie-up with The Independent Film Channel (IFC) in the US.
The partnership - Skyy's first foray into on-air marketing - unites the television channel with the Gruppo Campari-owned vodka brand in a deal that will see Skyy as the official sponsor of the network's Saturday night programming.
The sponsorship will begin tomorrow (21 April) and will appear both on air and online throughout the year. Skyy joins IFC's list of partnerships including Acura, Heineken, Red Bull, Yellow Tail and Target.
Airing every Saturday night from 2100, Skyy will present IFC's new film strand, 'The Blue Room', which features a catalogue of independent cinema including Magnolia, Crash, Being John Malkovich, Kill Bill, The Cooler and Boogie Nights.
IFC's senior vice president of partnerships and licensing Alan Klein said: "We are in an excellent place to provide partners like Skyy Vodka with effective, stand-out results. Skyy is a strong brand that is in-line with what IFC represents and we look forward to adding them to our growing slate of partners."
Absolut Vodka is holding a Studio 54-themed Roller Disco and a dance-themed competition in the UK to celebrate the recent launch of Absolut Disco....
Soyuz Victan USA has unveiled the first stage of its national advertising campaign for Silk Vodka across the US....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a healthy lift in first-half sales, driven by growth in Asia and Europe....
Sinergia is looking to release a stake in the company in an IPO in Russia....
California-based spirits marketer ShotPak has announced that it is to launch its range of STR8UP shots on the Indian market....
Two former senior drinks executives have set up a new company in the US and bought a vodka brand. Mark Teasdale, formerly MD of William Grant and Sons North America, and Michael Cheek, who was previou...
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a marked lift in sales for the first nine months of 2007....
The CEO of Blavod Extreme Spirits has left the company....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US