US: SKYY to roll out melon vodka
SKYY Spirits, a unit of Milan-based Gruppo Campari, will roll out a melon-flavoured vodka this spring. Blended from honeydew, cantaloupe and watermelon flavors, it will be available nation-wide in 50ml, 750ml and 1-liter, the company said.
"SKYY Melon offers consumers a delicious melon flavoured spirit with no carbohydrates, sugar or preservatives consistent with the quality of SKYY Vodka," said Paul Fuegner, SKYY Spirits, LLC, vice president marketing. "Given its strong positioning among a proven market of consumers who enjoy melon flavour, we think SKYY Melon will soon be among our strongest performers in the flavoured vodka market."
Flavoured vodka represents 20% of all vodka consumption in 2003, rising from 17% in 2002 (IRI Scanner Data YTD Ending Sept 7, 2003).
The launch will be supported by an integrated marketing effort including advertising, on and off premise promotions, public relations, www.SKYY.com and sampling events.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Campari has had its rating cut....
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. has seen a 2.6% rise in sales drive growth across all profitability indicators in the first half of the year....
US investment house Citigroup Smith Barney has cut its rating on Italian drinks group Davide Campari-Milano SpA from "buy" to "hold"....
Goldman Sachs has initiated coverage of Davide Campari-Milano shares....
Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, an independent director on the Davide Campari board, has handed in his resignation to the Italian company....
The Campari Group has seen a modest growth in its first quarter sales, although the performance led to a more impressive increase in other profitability indicators....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)