US: Skyy Spirits seals Morrison Bowmore distribution deal
Beginning 1 January 2008, the Campari-owed drinks group will serve as the sole US importer, distributor and marketer for Bowmore Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Auchentoshan Lowland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Glen Garioch Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky and all Flor de Caña Rum products.
"Both Morrison Bowmore Distillers and Compañía Licorera de Nicaragua are known worldwide for producing the finest quality products, rich in heritage and exceptional craftsmanship," said Gerry Ruvo, president and CEO of Skyy Spirits. "Their products fit perfectly into our portfolio of super-premium and luxury brands. These partnerships clearly demonstrate our strategic growth strategy, building our business through four key pillars: smart acquisitions, innovation, brand extension and mutually-beneficial partnerships."
"We are very pleased to add our award-winning portfolio of Islay, Highland and Lowland single malts to Skyy Spirits' impressive whisky line up," said Mike Keiller, CEO of Morrison Bowmore Distillers Ltd. "The team at Skyy Spirits has demonstrated their dedication to nurturing, hands-on brand stewardship in the super-premium categories and we feel there couldn't be a better match to build on our existing success in the US market."
Carlos Pellas, president and CEO of Compañía Licorera de Nicaragua, said: "We look forward to our partnership with Skyy Spirits. We are confident our collective marketing efforts will enhance the presence of Flor de Caña Rums in the US, introducing even more consumers to the world's best aged rums."
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
Last year, just-drinks took part in a working party, set up following the World Whiskies Conference in 2007, to look at how to raise the profile of Scotch whisky. At this year's conference, held in Gl...
In anticipation of the London International Wine Fair, Chris Losh has put together a few questions, touching on some of the imponderable puzzlements of the drinks industry, for visitors to mull over, ...
Malt whisky continues to outpace the growth of blended Scotch and its leading brands are putting in stellar performances. But as a new report from just-drinks explains, a closer look reveals a categor...
Whisky brand Scottish Leader has announced it is now the fourth-largest Scotch in the UK, thanks mainly to the brand's involvement with Scottish football clubs....
Scotch whisky export value and volume reached record levels last year, according to industry figures released today (30 April)....
Inver House Distillers has reported a healthy set of results for its latest fiscal year....
The Edrington Group has released its oldest ever offering of Highland Park in the UK market, as part of its core range of single malts....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits