US: Skyy Spirits partners with Sex and the City film
Skyy Spirits has teamed up with New Line Cinema for its Skyy Vodka brand to become the official spirits sponsor and promotional partner for its new Sex and The City film.
The marketer and distributor of spirits brands in North America said today (17 March) that it will "support the film's release through a multi-dimensional marketing campaign", including product placement of Skyy Spirits' portfolio including brands as Skyy Vodka and Cabo Wabo Tequila.
Skyy Spirits CEO Gerry Ruvo said: "We are pleased to be able to give consumers the chance to experience this cultural phenomenon through exciting, targeted marketing programs that also give us a chance to highlight our premium spirits brands."
The promotional partnership will include "national print, outdoor and online advertising" as well as on- and off-trade contests to win tickets to the New York City premiere in late May, the company said.
New Line Cinema president of domestic marketing Chris Carlisle added: "When we considered partners for the film, Skyy Vodka was a natural choice. The iconic cocktail of Sex and the City is the cosmopolitan and Skyy Vodka is the perfect elixir for Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda."
Skyy Spirits and Skyy Vodka will host charity screenings of Sex and the City in Los Angeles and San Francisco prior to the film's national rollout, in an effort to benefit local charities, the company said.
To support the tie-up, Houlihan's restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the US will feature Skyy signature Sex and the City cocktails through its "annual Diva promotion" from 9 April, the spirits company added.
Diageo appears to be making light of the economic downturn, turning in highly respectable year-end figures late last month, but some brands performed better than others. In the second part of this spe...
Amidst the doom and despond of the economic downturn, Diageo demonstrated its power and resilience by turning in full-year sales and profit growth. In the first of a special, two-part just-drinks inte...
Gloomy talk of a global economic slowdown have so far failed to dilute growth in the US vodka category. One of the better known contenders in the segment - if only for its ocean blue-coloured bottle -...
It's been a tough week for global distributor Maxxium, whose future now hangs in the balance following deals to secure the departures of Pernod Ricard and Rémy Cointreau last week....
Vodka is soon to take over from Scotch whisky as the most consumed spirit in the UK. But Chris Losh sees its success as a triumph of marketing over substance, and wonders whether consumer interest can...
Russian Standard vodka has signed a sponsorship deal with this year's Q Music Awards, as the group looks to raise its UK profile....
Diageo has filed a lawsuit against the UK-based Vodkat spirits brand, accusing it of breaking EU rules....
Diageo Australia has unveiled multi-million dollar marketing plans for key spirits brands, inlcuding Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker, over the Christmas period....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages