US: Skyy Spirits extends Cabo Wabo IndyCar deal
Skyy Spirits has renewed the IndyCar sponsorship deal for its recently-purchased Cabo Wabo Tequila brand.
The US-based subsidiary of Gruppo Campari, which acquired an 80% stake in Cabo Wabo from rock star Sammy Hagar for US$80m last year, said late last week that the renewal of A.J. Foyt's No. 14 Indy car represents the third year of the partnership. Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
"Cabo Wabo's involvement with A.J. Foyt Racing stems from my personal passion for the sport," said Hagar, who founded Cabo Wabo in 1996. "As a committed racing fan, I was delighted about the opportunity to partner with such a legendary team as A.J. Foyt. The last two years, Cabo Wabo's participation has been an enormous success, and I'm sure the year ahead will be no exception."
This year's IndyCar Series opens at Homestead-Miami Speedway on 29 March.
The Cabo Wabo Tequila portfolio consists of Cabo Wabo Blanco, Reposado, Anejo and Cabo Uno Tequilas.
Diageo appears to be making light of the economic downturn, turning in highly respectable year-end figures late last month, but some brands performed better than others. In the second part of this spe...
Gloomy talk of a global economic slowdown have so far failed to dilute growth in the US vodka category. One of the better known contenders in the segment - if only for its ocean blue-coloured bottle -...
It's been a tough week for global distributor Maxxium, whose future now hangs in the balance following deals to secure the departures of Pernod Ricard and Rémy Cointreau last week....
The burgeoning market for ultra-premium offerings, particularly in the US, has provided the Tequila category with high-value growth, allowing it to move on from its 'shooter and slammer' image of old....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has secured a US licensing agreement with the owners of Tabasco brand Spicy Tequila....
Sauza, the Tequila brand owned by Beam Global, has denied a split with advertising agency Publicis Worldwide....
Heaven Hill Distilleries has unveiled a new package design for its Two Fingers Tequila line....
Tiger Beer UK has signed a deal with Tequila-flavoured lager Desperados to be the new distributor of the lager in the UK....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020