US: Skyy Spirits becomes Campari America
Goodbye Skyy Spirits, hello Campari America
Skyy Spirits, named after Campari-owned Skyy vodka, will become Campari America this month, the unit confirmed earlier this week. The subsidiary, which is wholly-owned by Campari, covers the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
“Even though our portfolio has grown over the past several years …, the Skyy Spirits company name was inherently associated with only one brand,” said Campari America's chairman & CEO, Gerry Ruvo. “We felt the time was right to make the switch to Campari America, further demonstrating the breadth and depth of our products, while at the same time more closely associating ourselves with the … resources of our parent company.”
As well as representing the Campari-owned brands, Campari America is also the US distributor for whiskies, rums and liqueurs from Suntory, Morrison Bowmore Distillers, Berry Brothers & Rudd, and Compañía Licorera de Nicaragua.
Gruppo Campari acquired Skyy Spirits in 2002. Today, the Italy-based group owns around 45 brands that are distributed in 190 countries and claims to be the world's sixth-largest premium spirits company.
Separately, the division announced this week that it has renewed its distribution agreement in the US with Southern Wine & Spirits of America. The partnership will start to cover the state of Indiana, along with the following markets: Arizona, northern California, southern California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Vermont.
Bacardi has confirmed the appointment of a permanent regional president for Latin America, recruiting a Campari executive to fill the role....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends