ITALY: Skyy highs drive Davide Campari in 2007
Davide Campari-Milano has posted a healthy lift in full-year net profit, with all segments delivering growth in 2007.
The Italy-based wine, spirits and soft drinks company said yesterday (18 March) that group net profit rose by 6.9% on 2006 - at actual exchange rates - coming in at EUR125.2m (US$197.3m). Net sales for the year were also up, by 2.7% at EUR957.5m.
Operating profit in the year was up by 5.3% on 2006, hitting EUR270.6m.
The company's spirits operations delivered value growth of 4.6% in the year, driven by an increase in sales for its Skyy vodka portfolio. The wines segment, meanwhile, saw growth in value terms hit 12.2%, thanks primarily to an 18.7% climb in sales of Cinzano vermouth. Soft drink sales, which are generated almost entirely in Italy, were up in organic terms by 3.5%, although the overall change was negative by 20%, due to a "negative perimeter effect" of 23.5%, following the loss of distribution rights for Lipton Ice Tea in Italy in late-2006.
In geographical terms, although sales in Italy slid by 2%, Europe saw sales in value terms generate growth of 12.8%. The Americas saw growth reach 2.6%.
"2007 was a highly successful year, with accelerating organic growth, improved marginality and excellent cash flow generation," said company CEO, Bob Kunze-Concewitz. "Looking forward, we expect our businesses to maintain its positive evolution."
Campari's board is looking to pay a dividend of EUR0.11 per share in May. The payment, which will be voted on by shareholders next month, represents a 10% rise on the dividend paid in 2006.
At the beginning of this year, Camapri finalised the purchase of an 80% stake in Cabo Wabo Tequila. The company bought the stake in the ultra premium brand from rock star Sammy Hagar for US$80.8m.
Gloomy talk of a global economic slowdown have so far failed to dilute growth in the US vodka category. One of the better known contenders in the segment – if only for its ocean blue-coloured bottle –...
Gloomy talk of a global economic slowdown have so far failed to dilute growth in the US vodka category. One of the better known contenders in the segment - if only for its ocean blue-coloured bottle -...
In its elegant decanter, Patrón is a symbol of the maturing Tequila market. Its traditional 'shooter and slammer' image is long gone and in its place is a much more sophisticated drink now sipped by s...
The burgeoning market for ultra-premium offerings, particularly in the US, has provided the Tequila category with high-value growth, allowing it to move on from its 'shooter and slammer' image of old....
It has survived the Iron Curtain, endured rationalisation in the global drinks industry and numerous changes in its distribution and even a feud with the Russian state, but Stolichnaya is still standi...
Skyy Spirits has poached a former Constellation Brands executive to head up the brand management of its namesake vodka brand....
Campari said net sales fell 2% in its first half, as the Italian drinks group struggled to offset unfavourable exchange rates....
Thirty five of the world's 100 largest-selling spirits brands by volume are Asian, according to new research....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future