US: Skyy brings Italian spirit to US
Skyy Spirits has launched a light Italian spirit in the US.
The San Francisco-based company yesterday (21 March) unveiled Aperol, an Italian, spirit-based aperitif. The orange-flavoured drink, created in 1919 from an infusion of over 30 aromatic herbs and spices, has an ABV of 11%.
The drink can be served alone or with other spirits and mixers in a cocktail.
"With Aperol's versatility, unique flavour and brilliant orange colour, it is the perfect spirit for the sophisticated, yet relaxed consumer in the fast growing flavoured drink market," the company said. "Aperol is the flavourful alternative to beer, wine or conventional cocktails for those seeking new taste experiences."
Launched in 1992, Skyy Spirits is a subsidiary of Gruppo Campari, with US distribution rights for brands including Skyy Vodka, Campari, Cinzano, Cutty Sark and The Glenrothes. Late last year, the company secured the US rights to distribute brands owned by Japanese company Suntory.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Campari has had its rating cut....
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. has seen a 2.6% rise in sales drive growth across all profitability indicators in the first half of the year....
US investment house Citigroup Smith Barney has cut its rating on Italian drinks group Davide Campari-Milano SpA from "buy" to "hold"....
Goldman Sachs has initiated coverage of Davide Campari-Milano shares....
Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, an independent director on the Davide Campari board, has handed in his resignation to the Italian company....
The Campari Group has seen a modest growth in its first quarter sales, although the performance led to a more impressive increase in other profitability indicators....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review