US: SKYY Blue RTD to make TV debut
By Anne Brockhoff
SKYY Blue will make its television debut Thursday as Miller Brewing Co. and Skyy Spirits launch their first advertising campaign for the flavoured malt beverage since they teamed up in January to develop it.
The ads will appear during the NCAA basketball tournament, then continue on primetime and late-night network and cable television through the summer, Miller spokeswoman Molly Reilly said.
A series of three spots were directed by Bryan Singer, best known for directing movies including The Usual Suspects and X-Men, and feature music from French club favorite Gotan Project.
"It was essential that this series of ads capture not only the relaxed, sophisticated style of the product, but also the cultural interests of flavoured malt beverage drinkers," Ann Stickler, director strategy and new business development for Miller, said in a statement.
The campaign targets 21- to 27-year-olds - the consumer category so far responsible for driving the success of flavoured malt beverages, or
"malternatives," in the US, Reilly said.
Print ads for SKYY Blue will appear in the May issues of Stuff, Cosmopolitan and other magazines. Out-of-home support, such as ads at bus stops, will appear in major markets from April to October.
Skyy Spirits, the maker of SKYY vodka, and Miller are together investing $42 million in developing and marketing SKYY Blue, Reilly said.
Companies: SKYY Vodka
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
Skyy Spirits has launched a light Italian spirit in the US....
Skyy Spirits has secured US distribution rights for a stable of brands owned by Japan's Suntory....
C&C Group has finally secured international distribution for its drinks portfolio....
Davide Campari-Milano has posted a slight rise in net sales and profits for the first nine months of this year....
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. has seen a 2.6% rise in sales drive growth across all profitability indicators in the first half of the year....
US investment house Citigroup Smith Barney has cut its rating on Italian drinks group Davide Campari-Milano SpA from "buy" to "hold"....
Congratulations to the five lucky winners of our competition, in association with Wolf Blass, for tickets to today's cricket match between England and Bangladesh....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends