CHINA: SkyPeople Fruit Juice plans kiwi fruit facility
SkyPeople sees high margins in kiwi fruit
SkyPeople Fruit Juice is to invest US$72m in a manufacturing plant for kiwi fruit products in China.
The Shaanxi Province facility will produce concentrated kiwi juice and kiwi juice beverages, a SkyPeople spokesperson told just-drinks today (9 April). While no R&D facility is planned for the site, in the province's Mei County, SkyPeople may consider building one in the future, the spokesperson said.
“SkyPeople is constantly developing new products,” the spokesperson added.
The project also includes "a trading zone" for the marketing and distribution of kiwi goods.
SkyPeople CEO Xue Hongke said: “Our further expansion into the kiwi fruit segment is based upon our belief that it represents a potentially high margin product and one that is becoming increasingly attractive to consumers.”
Xue Hongke became the company's CEO in February after his brother Xue Yongke stepped down for personal reasons.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat