US: Skinny Nutritional Corp signs Cott Corp deal
Skinny Nutritional Corp has signed a manufacturing and distribution agreement with Cott Corp's Cliffstar subsidiary.
The deal, announced yesterday (24 February), will see Skinny's line of zero-calorie, vitamin-enriched and flavoured waters exclusively manufactured and distributed by Cott to selected new and existing customers through its retail channels. The agreement also includes raw materials procurement, research and development, freight management and retail inventory management.
Skinny said the agreement follows its addition of new regional distributors and chain store authorisations last year.
"This agreement allows us to do business with some of the largest retailers in the country and concentrate our resources on marketing and sales," said Skinny Nutritional's CEO, Michael Salaman. "We will be closely working with Cliffstar to introduce and aggressively market Skinny Water throughout the territory."
Cott operates soft drink, juice, water and other beverage bottling facilities in the US, Canada, UK and Mexico and markets beverage concentrates in around 50 countries globally.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends