SWEDEN: Skanemejerier owners give all-clear to Lactalis talks
The owners of Skånemejerier have given the company the green light to finalise talks to sell the business to French dairy and juice firm Lactalis.
Last month, Lactalis confirmed it was in negotiations to buy the Swedish firm, which sells a range of dairy products and fruit juices.
A spokesperson for Skånemejerier said on Wednesday (21 December) the co-operative's farmers council has said the company can finalise the talks and added that a deal will be put to the owners for approval at the end of the month.
"If the council says yes on 29 December, a closing [of the deal] can be made no earlier than February or March," the spokesperson said.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review