SWEDEN: Skanemejerier owners give all-clear to Lactalis talks
The owners of Skånemejerier have given the company the green light to finalise talks to sell the business to French dairy and juice firm Lactalis.
Last month, Lactalis confirmed it was in negotiations to buy the Swedish firm, which sells a range of dairy products and fruit juices.
A spokesperson for Skånemejerier said on Wednesday (21 December) the co-operative's farmers council has said the company can finalise the talks and added that a deal will be put to the owners for approval at the end of the month.
"If the council says yes on 29 December, a closing [of the deal] can be made no earlier than February or March," the spokesperson said.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban