AUSTRALIA: Galliano: Size matters
After gaining a surge in volume sales in some of its principal markets, Galliano is to focus its 'politically incorrect' advertising campaign on the UK, Australia and Scandinavia, where sales have risen by 30% and 20% respectively.Recognised as the vivid, bright yellow liqueur in the 'outrageously' tall bottle, Galliano's 'Politically Incorrect' campaign was devised by Paris agency, Scarlett, and this year it will be introducing five new visuals, including "Size Matters" and "It's intriguing."The imagery will feature in print and outdoor posters to take consumers by surprise and will require no translation in principal international markets.Marco Violin, international marketing director for Galliano at Cointreau SA in Paris, said: "Our international campaign is distinctly brand led, with the primary aim of grabbing attention for Galliano among 20 to 30 year old consumers.""In addition, local market promotions will inspire different ways of drinking - whether as a long drink, cocktail or shooter. Our target consumers are image conscious and experimental, and in the nature of our campaign reflects this.""Anything goes, provided that it is creatively bold and makes a statement," he added.Sales of this classic bar brand have increased, but said the company the pattern of brand growth has not been predictable.Brand growth in the UK has also resulted from increased retail distribution, and in Scandinavia, the popularity of Galliano Hot Shot (with hot black coffee and whipped cream) made Galliano race to the top of the liqueurs league in the 1990s.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts