RUSSIA: Sinergiya buys Russian Vodka Co. - report
Sinergiya has snapped up Russian Vodka Company, according to local reports.
The Prime-Tass news agency said yesterday (10 January) that the Russian alcoholic drinks producer and agribusiness acquired total control of the Tomsk-based company for an undisclosed amount.
The news service cited Sinergiya as the source for its story, but did not back this claim with any quotes from the group.
Sinergiya, which was formed in 1998, includes alcoholic beverage producers, meat processing plants and dairy plants. In 2005, Synergy accounted for 2.5% of the Russian alcoholic beverage market, Prime-Tass noted.
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
With interest surrounding the likely sale of Swedish spirits producer V&S Group growing by the day, there could be no better time to look at the company's flagship vodka brand Absolut and the opportun...
The European Agriculture Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel has unveiled the detailed plans for reform of the European wine sector, following a year of consultation. As expected, there has been some wa...
Carlsberg has shown an interest in Vin & Sprit, the makers of Absolut vodka, after the Swedish government sanctioned the sale of the wine and spirits company....
Scotch whisky firm Whyte & Mackay's group managing director has resigned....
The Swedish government has not ruled out splitting up Vin & Sprit prior to a sell-off, according to local reports....
Millennium Import has acquired the Belvedere trademarks, goodwill and domain name in the US....
Constellation Brands' first-quarter profit has dropped 64%, while shares rose 4.2% beating analysts' predictions....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down