FINLAND: Sinebrychoff details CEO change
Sinebrychoff has appointed a new CEO.
The Finnish brewer, which is part of the Carlsberg Group, said today (14 January) that Pekka Tiainen will become its 13th CEO since being founded 188 years ago. Tiainen, 38, replaces Mikael Aro, who became Nordic senior vice president for Carlsberg last year.
Tiainen joined Sinebrychoff in 2001 as sales director. Prior to joining the Carlsberg subsidiary, he worked for Coca-Cola in Finland as a sales manager.
Sinebrychoff is Finland's leading manufacturer of beers, ciders, soft drinks and energy drinks, with annual production of around 400m litres. The Finnish company has been 100% owned by Carlsberg since 1999.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Carlsberg has increased its control of Estonian brewer Saku Ölletehas....
Coca-Cola North America is introducing a new "energy" coffee line to its Full Throttle range to be rolled out in the US this month....
Carlsberg has completed the sale of three Scandinavian soft drinks and water brands to The Coca-Cola Co....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Baltika has started exporting its beer brands to Romania and Hungary....
Carlsberg is looking to spend in the region of DKK1bn (US$207.5m) on centralising its business model in Western Europe....
Carlsberg has hailed the success of the 'fan zones' at this year's Euro 2008 football tournament in Austria and Switzerland....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends