GERMANY: Sinalco acquires Mineralbrunnen's Staatl Fachingen
German bottled water firm Mineralbrunnen AG has sold its mineral water brand Staatl Fachingen to local beverage company Sinalco Brand Drinks & Co.
The sale is expected to help Minag generate proceeds of around EUR20m (US$28.7m), Mineralbrunnen said yesterday (20 June). The transaction, for an undisclosed sum, is subject to antitrust approval.
The sale process involved negotiations with "various interested parties", the company said. In 2010, Mineralbrunnen reported annual losses of EUR5.6m.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research